Friday, December 4, 2015

Journal Entry 6 - Free Rice For...Those in Need

The game I chose for this assignment is Free Rice. This game is funded by the United Nations World Food Programme, and allows individuals to answer questions in various school subjects. In addition to answering questions and earning points, for each correct answer the player gets 10 grains of rice are donated to children in need of food across the world. Students are able to answer questions covering subjects such as SAT prep, Chemistry, English and Math. The game is very easy to play, as it is all in a multiple choice format, requiring the player to just click on their correct answer.

If I'm not careful, this game will steal hours out of my day, but I love playing it. It is so addictive to play, getting questions correct and seeing how many levels I can accomplish and bowls of rice I've given away. Playing Free Rice gives me the opportunity to learn new things (I really have to brush up on knowing quotations and Chemistry elements) and most of all, help others. I enjoy every opportunity I get to help others, so this game is really enjoyable to me. Free Rice also provides me with an interesting way to present humanitarianism to teenagers.

2 comments:

  1. I found the game very engaging. The game gave me a word and I had to define the word choosing a synonym from list that best matched the word given. My friend and I played it together as we were winding down from our day and the time passed very quickly.
    I am sure students will enjoy this website and the games that are offered. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this game was really great! Thank you for sharing :) I love the learning aspect of this game as well as the added benefit which is helping a child in need, that is an amazing reward & I hope to find more games that are similar to this one.

    ReplyDelete